The sky is open for business! Skyward’s drone operations management platform enables businesses of all sizes to get out of the office and into the air. Skyward is first to market for the enterprise, adopted by the largest fleet operators and the Global 2000 for commercial drone programs. Skyward is the only business-configured workflow system for compliance, and is driving an integrated ecosystem across OEMs and applications. Skyward’s information management platform lets drone operators know where it’s safe to fly, collaborate with team members, and provides simple, powerful flight planning tools that allow quick log operations with multiple flights. It allows users to track and report the details that matter most to business while keeping programs in compliance. Skyward’s platform fits into any size commercial drone business by enabling users to plan using the airspace map to collaborate and plan safe flight jobs, keep essential job details and operational procedures accessible and onsite, log pilot and aircraft flight hours/maintenance details and track/report business metrics while meeting regulatory requirements.
The commercial drone industry has been described by some as “the next great tech revolution”. Drones are transforming the economy across several vertical industries. Sample Skyward customers include Tier One players in Broadcast/Media (a drone for every camera operator on a distributed network); Telecom Inspection (towers that reduce the use of climbers with drones); Energy (solar panel and site inspection); Construction & Engineering (national deployment across job sites); and Insurance (claims adjusters, roof inspectors). Other commercial drone applications include agriculture/crop scouting, real estate, photography/videography/film making, law enforcement/emergency services (search and rescue/fire surveillance) and many others. All can realize huge financial benefits for utilizing drone technology when compared to using expensive, capital-intensive, commercially piloted aircraft.
Goldman Sachs forecasts hardware sales in the commercial drone market will reach $20.6B by 2020, with aircraft, batteries and flying representing only ~20% of the total cost of ownership. Skyward is addressing the other 80% TCO currently unserved- a huge market opportunity with first mover advantage! It’s an exciting time to join Skyward: the company is backed by Voyager Capital, Draper & Associates, Verizon Ventures, Techstars Ventures, Norwest, and others. The company has raised $8.1M to date. The company is located on the riverfront in downtown Portland, Oregon, and has 25 employees with significant growth initiatives planned.
The qualified candidate will have the following: